Saturday, May 23, 2009

Various Runnings

It seems that summer is just about upon us. The porch is ready.... flower boxes all set out. The usual Petunias showed up but this year, I've exchanged the geraniums for portulaca. I'm hoping they will do better. A Hummingbird feeder on a tall shepherd's hook is the new addition to the deck.... I had the little birds last year on a smaller feeder, I'm sure they will be back this summer. There's a Robin's Nest right outside my dining area's window. Momma is very nervous, with all of the in and out traffic through the outer door. Neighborhood kids are a concern.... I was hoping that they did not find out about the nest, but they did. Number 3 son , C was off to Ireland a couple of weeks ago. He's back now, says he wishes he was still there. The new mandolin arrived last week. She's a beauty and inspires me. C brought me a book of Irish tunes for the mandolin from his trip. Lots to work with there - 110 tunes! Today is party day for Little Marianna - her first birthday. Daughter-in-law, Jess is her Auntie. Scattered storms today and tomorrow. No plans for Memorial Day, here.... we are all working.

Bible verse for today:
"Do not be hasty in word or impulsive in thought to bring up a matter in the presence of God. For God is in heaven and you are on the earth; therefore let your words be few." Ecclesiastes 5:2


No comments:

Post a Comment