Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Tea is Cozy But the Toes Are Cold

Okay.. I just wanted to see the tea cozy "finished" so I didn't wait for the other knitsters to finish theirs! Mostly I finished it as I have to get a pair of socks done and sent to GPa Paul in not so warm Florida. A special request that cannot be denied! I was most happy with the tea cosy - so spicey and kitchen-y.



Last night, my little Liza Dolittle, Emily came over and we had an impromptu knitting lesson and she excelled exceedingly..... she is most enthusiastic.....keep on knitting Miss E!

The winter cold has settled back in and today, on my day off, the Old Man and I did not venture out. And someone in the building keeps leaving the outside door open! Stop that! It is a January, deep in the bones, makes the toes hurt and the nose run kinda cold. But it is January, it is winter, it is the way God made it, so we'll stay inside, for the moment and drink hot chocolate and keep the needles clicking. I like that.

Bible verse for this evening:
“As long as the earth endures, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night will never cease.” Genesis 8:22

No comments:

Post a Comment