Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Living is Changing

In these past 18 months, or so, we have seen our fair share of changes.  The break up of Big R's marriage, Momma S coming into our lives, Baby Sister being born, gaining 3 bonus grandchildren (total of 6, now),  moving two of the Old People from Florida to North Carolina, FlyBoy moving to Oklahoma to go to school, Nonnie, finally, getting his driver's license and buying a car, and the passing of Grandma Mac (mom-in-law). Thankfully, The Old Man and my jobs seem stable for the moment and Jimmy the Squid maintained a, relatively, consistent course.  And consistant with changes... the last couple of weeks I have not felt like knitting but I have felt like crocheting, so be it.

Firstly, a crocheted hat... specifically... a chemo cap.  Friends undergoing cancer treatment... yuck!  Praying and working the stitches is all I can do.  Here's the start.... pattern from Coats and Clark/RedHeart Yarns and I'm starting out with 2 strands of Koigu yarn (which I do not think is getting the gauge- too small).

It's pretty!  
This is just the 'trial' of the pattern as Koigu is wool and with summer coming, 
I really want to make the hat in cotton.   


Secondly... I've discovered Annaboo's House blog.  She has a tutorial for making these adorable Korkinisse (little gnomes made with wine corks) and the Toadstool House where they live.... Most fun and just the kind of thing that Grandmas should keep around their houses for the Grandchildren to play with.  Still a work in process but here's the project so far.  Worked with sport weight wool and a size US F crochet hook.



See the 5 little gnomes and one, flat, unstuffed toadstool?  
Second toadstool's stem is the green thing.
Wait till I get them embellished!

So we know that change is gonna come.  We learn to 'roll with the punches', accept the changes and realize that if you are stagnant, you are not living.... at the very least.... you are very boring!

This afternoon's Bible verse:
"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."  Hebrews 13:8
I am thankful that God never changes.

1 comment:

  1. I just LOVE the colours you've chosen for your little korknisse and toadstool- they look fabulous!
    Thank you so much for visiting me and giving my little ol' blog a mention. It's so lovely to come and visit you, too!
    Do keep me posted of your toadstool progress - but I must warn you, the korknisse are verrrrrrryy addictive- I've made hundredss of the little fellas!

    Have a super week.
    Xx

    ReplyDelete