Saturday, December 15, 2012

Go-To Garter Stitch Rib Scarf Pattern

Still cranking out those Christmas Gifts? Me, too. Here's my Go-To Scarf pattern. This one is for Jimmy the Squid.

Worsted Weight Yarn - 400-600 yds
Size 8US Needle

Cast On 38 stitches and work 6 rows of garter stitch for a total of 3 ridges.

Row 1: K across
Row 2: K4, *(P2, K2); repeat from * till 6 stitches remain; P2, K4

Repeat these 2 rows until scarf is as long as you like, finish with 6 rows (3 ridges) of garter stitch (K every row). Bind Off. Smile.






Bible verse for this morning: 

"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, 
for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."  Psalm 23:4

1 comment:

  1. I like this scarf very much - depending on the yarn it can work really well for guys or gals. Thanks for visiting my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete