Monday, May 6, 2013

Master Knitter Monday Week 1



The Knitting Guild Association (TKGA) offers a
'certification' of Master Hand Knitter to their members
(you must be a member).  So I joined and decided to
take on the challenge.  Some twenty years ago, I thought
about doing this but was a bit intimidated.  This course of
action, while not difficult, in the sense that the knitting is
hard, is a very exacting and detailed study of one's own
knitting and the ability to analyze EVERYTHING whilst
knitting to precise instructions. Level 1 is the beginning
and I begin.... Reference books are accumulated, practice
swatches are being worked...  I hope to document
my progress each Monday.  I hope there is progress.

Today's Bible Verse:
"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your
own business and to work with your hands...."
I Thessalonians 4:11

2 comments:

  1. I will be interested in following your progress. i have also been looking at the Master Knitter programme that TKGA offers. Because I have the summers off from teaching piano, I am tempted sign up for Level 1.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be following you while you take your course. I'm interested to know what's involved. Thanks for this post!

    ReplyDelete