Monday, May 20, 2013

Master Knitter Monday Week 3

Short and sweet, today.  This week, I acquired the Susan Bates Quicksilver needles -  straights; 10 inch, Size US7 from local craft store (How is it that with all my years of knitting... with one gigundo Plano Fishing Tackle Box loaded with needles... I did not have that ONE!?)   and am very happy that I made the switch.  The Addi Turbo just was not working, both in terms of the tips and in terms of holding the small (16 inch circular) needle shaft.  My hands are much more comfortable with the straights.  More comfort means better tension and more tapered tips means better execution of the stitch.  Here's the number 3 swatch, not blocked -  a seed stitch beauty... fairly dense but I'll practice a bit more.   I also purchased some blocking mats.  Got the ones from KnitPicks -  9 quares to a pack.....  yes, I might have payed less for those similiar things at the hardware store but these ones are a pretty sort of mauvy pinky lavender color.  Tre Girlie.

Bible verse for this morning:
"You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised."  Hebrews 10:36

No comments:

Post a Comment