Monday, May 6, 2013

Nostepinne Your Way to a Ball

Did you ever use a nostepinne?  That baton-stick-sort-of-thingy that one can use as a working base to wind up a ball of yarn from a hank of yarn?  I bought one.  I tried it.  I searched the YouTube place for a video of instruction.  Found several and discovered that there are two different methods to wind.  One, being an angled wrap, continually in the same direction, while turning the nostepinne slowly in one direction which creates a sort of cake-like ball.  The other is a Figure 8 move which is fun to execute and creates an egg-shaped ball.  My favorite video is in the German language.  I understand nothing of it... but what does language matter when yarn is involved?    A nostepinne, a Scandinavian word, is called a wickeldorn in German.  I like saying that word!

Wound With Angled Wrap - Not so Cake-Like.  My Later Tries Were Better.

Wound in a Figure 8 Motion - Kept Forgetting Which Side of the 8 I Was On.

Bible verse for Tonight:

"Folly delights a man who lacks judgment, but a man of understanding keeps a straight course."  Proverbs 15:21

No comments:

Post a Comment